No oven? No problem! You can still enjoy scrumptious cakes at home even without using an oven!
1. Rice Cooker Cake
Ingredients: 83g low-gluten flour / 5 eggs / 17g corn starch / 50g white sugar / 66g milk / 66g corn oil / lemon juice drops
1. Separate egg white and yolk
2. Pour milk in the pot and heat. Once small bubbles start to pop, turn off the heat, add corn oil and mix well. Pour the low-gluten flour, add the egg yolk and stir.
3. Add starch to the egg white and beat well. Mix it with the egg yolk paste and mix it well.
4. Pour the mixture in the rice cooker and gently shake out bubbles
5. Press the rice cooker for 40-45 minutes, then simmer for 10 minutes
2. Orange Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 1 orange / 2 spoons of sugar / 3 eggs / 80g low gluten flour / 15g corn oil
1. Beat the eggs and sugar until it turns all white, sift the low-gluten flour, corn oil, and orange juice. Mix evenly
2. Brush some edible oil in a bowl, place a slice of orange at the bottom, then pour the cake batter. Gently remove the bubbles
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, steam for 25 minutes
3. Yogurt Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 5 eggs / 100g low-gluten flour / 170g yogurt / 50g spun sugar / 10g corn starch / few drops of white vinegar or lemon juice
1. Separate egg white and egg yolk; mix well the egg yolk and yogurt, sift and add the low-gluten flour. Mix evenly
2. Add a few drops of lemon juice or white vinegar to the egg whites. Beat well.
3. Add the meringue three times with the egg yolk paste. Mix evenly before pouring it in a molder.
4. Steam for 30 minutes and braised for 5 minutes
4. Matcha Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 100g low-gluten flour / 5g matcha powder / 3g bubble powder / 1 egg / 35g white sugar / 4 tablespoons milk / 1 tablespoon corn oil / almond skin (optional)
1. Whip the eggs with spun sugar, add milk then mix well
2. Sift the low-gluten flour, matcha powder, and baking powder. Mix evenly then add the corn oil, continue mixing
3. Pour the mixture in a paper cup molder, sprinkle almond slices and steam for about 15 minutes
5. Pumpkin Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 65g pumpkin puree / 65g flour / 30g corn oil / 30g sugar / 4 eggs
1. To create a pumpkin puree, just peel and steam the pumpkin and pressed till it becomes a puree
2. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Add the egg yolk and corn oil to the pumpkin puree, mix well. Sift and add the low-gluten flour.
3. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg whites, using a whisk, beat the eggs, add sugar, and the pumpkin yolk twice to the mixture then mix well.
4. Pour the cake batter in a molder then steam for 40 minutes under high heat
6. Carrot Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 2 eggs / 35g milk / 50g carrot juice / 15g carrot crumbs / 15g salad oil / 85g low-gluten flour / 40g fine caster sugar
1. Prepare all the materials needed; start steaming the water; separate the egg white from the egg yolk; shred 15g of carrots to make carrot crumbs
2. In a pan, pour the carrot juice and milk, stir evenly over 80 degrees off the fire. Add the salad oil, mix evenly. Pour the carrot crumbs, sift and add the low-gluten flour, mix well. Finally, add the beaten egg yolks and set aside.
3. Divide the egg white into three, add fine sugar, and beat the mixture till it turns foamy. Remove 1/3 of the meringue, add egg yolk paste then mix well. Pour it back into the remaining meringue and mix well
4. Pour the cake batter to the paper molder, cover and steam for about 40 to 50 minutes, then stew for another 3 minutes
7. Banana Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 3 eggs / 48g white sugar / 35g corn oil / 70g banana / 30g milk / 60g low-gluten flour
1. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk; refrigerate the egg white and set aside, add 8g of white sugar to the egg yolks and mix well, add corn oil and stir well. Mix together the banana puree, milk, and low-gluten flour, mix evenly.
2. Take out the egg white and add the remaining white sugar three times, add the meringue to the egg yolk paste and mix well.
3. Brush the bowl with corn oil, pour in the batter, and shake out the bubbles. Cover it with plastic wrap.
4. Steam for 25 minutes on medium to low heat, simmer for 10 minutes
8. Cranberry Millet Steamed Cake
Ingredients: 3 eggs / 70g millet flour / 30g glutinous rice flour / 20g corn oil / 60g milk / 50g gauze sugar / few drops of lemon juice / 30g dried cranberry
1. Mix the milk and corn oil, sift the millet flour and glutinous rice flour then mix evenly. Add egg in Z form and mix well.
2. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg white, add the sugar three times, and beat still foamy. Take 1/3 of the meringue then mix well with egg yolk paste. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
3. Pour the batter into the molder, gently shake out bubbles, add the dried cranberries then cover it with a layer of plastic wrap
4. Steam for 40 minutes, simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Black Sesame & Red Dates Cake
Ingredients: 3 eggs / 50g low-gluten flour / 20g black sesame powder / 15g corn oil / 40g white sugar / 25g milk powder / 25g boiling water
1. Separate the egg white and egg yolk. Add milk powder and the boiled water to the egg yolk and mix well. Add the corn oil, stir evenly
2. Sift the low-gluten flour, black sesame powder, and baking powder then mix.
3. Add sugar to the egg white, three times, and stir until foamy. Take out about 1/3 of the meringue then mix it with the egg yolk and stir well. pour it back to the remaining meringue before mixing it again
4. Pour the mixture in the molder, cover with plastic wrap, steam for 40 minutes under small-medium fire.
10. Milo Lava Cake
Ingredients: 2 bags of 3-in-1 Milo powder / 10g butter / boiled water / 1 egg / 2 spoons sugar / 3 spoons flour
1. Pour the Milo powder into the boiled water and mix well
2. Add 2 spoons of sugar and 3 spoons of flour to the eggs and mix well. Add the milo mixture then mix well
3. Brush a layer of oil in a bowl, pour the cake batter and steam for 8 minutes