Admit it or not, it is hard to make your kids eat veggies, which is why we’re here to give some pumpkin recipes that will surely entice both you and your kids!
In case you don’t know yet, pumpkin is beneficial to one’s health as it helps in weight loss, controls blood sugar, enhances immunity, protects eyesight, maintains skin healthy, protects heart blood vessels, and more! So, it’s time to include these yummy pumpkin recipes in your list!
1. Braised Rice with Pumpkin and Sausage
Ingredients: rice, pumpkin, sausage, soy sauce, salt, oil, green onion
- Soak the rice in advance. It would take 2 hours to soak the rice.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes. Put the sausage in a pot with cold water and put it to boil.
- Put a little amount of oil in the pan, stir-fry the sausage for 1 minute, then add the pumpkin pieces, salt, and 2 tablespoon of soy and stir-fry evenly.
- Remove the soaked rice and place it in the pan for 1 minute.
- Pour all the ingredients in the pot into the rice cooker. Add the same amount of water like how you cook rice, press the “super fast cook” button. The rice cooker will finish cooking after 15-20 minutes and you can enjoy the braised rice with pumpkin and sausage.
- Remember to sprinkle shallots when eating.
2. Pumpkin Steamed Ribs
Ingredients: 500g pork ribs, pumpkin, garlic, minced shallots
Seasoning: 1 scoop of soy sauce, 1 scoop of oyster sauce, half a scoop of sugar, a little amount of salt, 1 scoop of cooking wine, 1 scoop of starch, proper amount of oil
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Clean the pork ribs and let them dry. Add 1 scoop of soy sauce, 1 scoop of oyster sauce, a little amount of salt, 1 scoop of cooking wine, 1 scoop of starch, and stir in a proper amount of oil for 20 minutes.
- Spread the pumpkin pieces on the plate, then add the marinated pork ribs and steam for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onion after taking out from the pot.
3. Creamy Shrimp Pumpkin Pasta
Ingredients: 200g pumpkin, 100g potato, 100g low-fat milk, shrimp, 80g pasta, 1 clove garlic, salt, black pepper, 1 scoop cooking wine
- Dice the pumpkin and potatoes. Steam in a pot, take out, and add milk.
- Mix shrimp, cooking wine, black pepper and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring the water into the pasta and cook for 8 minutes. Remove the cold water then set aside.
- Heat the pan and pour the oil to fry the minced garlic. Add the shrimp and cook. Add the pumpkin and mashed potatoes then follow the pasta. Mix well. Add salt and black pepper to taste and cook until thick.
4. Korean Pumpkin Porridge
Ingredients: 1000g pumpkin, 150ml milk, 20g glutinous rice flour
- Wash and cut the pumpkin. Put it in the pan and steam.
- Pour the steamed pumpkin into the cooking machine, add 150ml of milk, and smash it using a spoon until you make a fine pumpkin puree.
- Mix 20g of glutinous rice flour with 400 ml of water. Mix well.
- Put the beaten pumpkin puree, glutinous rice powder, and an appropriate amount of rock sugar together into a pan. Boil over medium heat. Stir constantly until thick and turn off the heat after boiling.
- The pumpkin itself is sweet, you can do this pumpkin porridge without crystal sugar depending on your personal taste.
- The ratio of glutinous rice flour to water is 1:1, the requirements are not very strict, you can make it according to your own preference and/or experience.
- This pumpkin porridge is also suitable as a complementary food for babies. It can be consumed by babies over 6 months. The taste is super delicate. It is recommended that babies drink without sugar.
5. Pumpkin Milk Buns
Ingredients: 400g pumpkin, 200ml milk, 300g flour, 2 eggs, 2.5g yeast (half a spoon), 30g sugar (2 spoons)
- Cut the pumpkin into 6 pieces and steam it. Peel it and put it in a bowl. Smash it and add 200ml of milk and stir into the pumpkin puree.
- Put flour in a bowl, add 2 eggs, half a teaspoon of yeast, 2 tablespoon of sugar, then add the pumpkin puree one by one. Knead while adding until it forms a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough into a cake, cut into strips, and then cut into small pieces.
- Add a little oil to the pan to heat it up, add a small dough and stir-fry until the surface is slightly brown.
- Take out of the pan and finish.
- Pumpkin puree is added according to the degree of kneading, not all prepared should be put in, the remaining pumpkin puree can be used to cook pumpkin puree.
6. Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients: 350g pumpkin, 300g glutinous rice flour
- Peel and wash the pumpkin.
- Mash the steamed squash using a spoon. Press all the pumpkin into puree.
- While the pumpkin is still hot, add glutinous rice flour (glutinous rice flour is added in portions). Rub it while adding the dough so it will not be sticky.
- Take out a small piece of dough and round it, flatten it and fry it in the pan.
- Put a little amount of oil in the pan once it is hot . Put the rubbed pumpkin pie, fry it on one side until it can be pushed over. Slightly press the pumpkin pie using a spatula and continue to cook on both sides.
7. Pumpkin Glutinous Rice Dumplings
Ingredients: 180g pumpkin, 120g glutinous rice flour, 20g sugar
- Put the peeled pumpkin slices on the pot and boil for 15 minutes.
- Mix the steamed pumpkin with sugar and glutinous rice flour while hot, knead into smooth dough.
- Pull out a small part and form into a ball. Boil in a pot and steam for 15 minutes.
8. Pumpkin Milk Square
Ingredients: 150g pumpkin, 150g milk, 25 corn starch, 10g sugar, 50g coconut
- Wash and peel the pumpkin, cut into thin slices, place the pumpkin slices on a plate and steam in a multi-function pot for 15 minutes.
- Take one hundred grams of steamed pumpkin in a large pot and mash it. Set aside. Put 150g of milk, 25g of cornstarch and 10g of sugar in the pot and mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin paste into a mesh sieve for filtration. The pumpkin puree can be pressed with a spatula. Put the filtered pumpkin paste in the milk pan and boil it slowly until the pumpkin paste is thick. *While cooking the pumpkin paste, keep stirring using a spatula. The pumpkin paste produced by this method is fine enough.
- Take a square crisper and sprinkle a little coconut paste on the bottom to prevent it from sticking. It is more convenient to sprinkle coconut paste and take it out, it will not stick to the bottom of the box. Put it in the refrigerator for two hours and take it out. Sprinkle a little coconut on the surface. Invert it on the chopping board and sprinkle a little coconut again. Cut the pumpkin milk cubes into small pieces. Pour 30g of coconut paste into the plate, put the desired pumpkin milk cubes into the plate and coat the surface with coconut paste.
9. Pumpkin Yogurt Cake
Ingredients: 150g pumpkin, 2 eggs, 200g yogurt, 20g cornstarch
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into the slices. Steam in a steamer and put it into a cooking machine. Mash the steamed pumpkin into puree.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, egg, yogurt, and cornstarch. Stir until it turns into a fine paste. Pour into a mold line with oil paper.
- After the oven is preheated, bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree heat.
10. Milky Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients: 100g low-gluten, 40g butter, 20g fine sugar, 25g pure milk
Pumpkin stuffing: 200g pumpkin puree, 1 egg, 30g condensed milk, 50g pure milk, 10g low-gluten flour
Surface decoration material: appropriate amount of coconut
- Make a pie skin, sieve low-gluten flour, add fine granulated sugar, then add butter softened in advance. Knead it using your hand, pour 25g of pure milk and gently knead it. Wrap it with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Make a squash pie stuffing while you refrigerate the pie skin. Peel the pumpkin, cut into thin slices and steam it. After steaming, take it out and put it in a cooking machine. Add pure milk and condensed milk and whip, then add eggs and whip evenly then sift. Add low-gluten flour, mix well and set aside.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator. Roll it into a dough, larger than 7-inch pie. Cover the pie and remove the excess dough then make small holes using a fork.
- Spread greased paper on the pie. Put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degree heat. Take it out and pour the stuffed pie into the pie crust.
- Put it into the oven and heat up and down at 170 degree heat for 20-25 minutes. Take it out and sprinkle coconut paste.