Banana. One of the most popular and most loved foods by both adults and children. Because why not? Aside from its delicious taste, bananas are also rich in potassium, fiber, and other essential nutrients that the body needs. But aside from enjoying this fruit as is, did you know that you can enjoy it in various ways? Yep! Here are some recipes you may want to try at home!
1. Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients: 500g banana, half lemon fruit, 300g white sugar, 300g cream
- Rinse the lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Put the pre-weighed granulated sugar in about 500 grams of water. Heat until fully dissolved then filter it.
- Wash and peel the prepared bananas. Pound it until it turns into a sauce, add filtered sugar water and mix well. Then add the fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Once the above process is done, combine the cream into the mixture. Place the mixture into a container and put it into the refrigerator for freezing.
- Enjoy the banana ice cream!
2. Grilled Banana Toast
Ingredients: 1 banana, 4 slices of bread, 1 egg, 20g butter, 10g coarse sugar
- Prepare all the materials needed.
- Melt the butter in water.
- Beat the eggs.
- Slice bananas as thinly as possible.
- Brush a layer of whole egg liquid on the bread, spread the banana slices, and brush a layer of butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for ten minutes in advance. Put in the middle layer of the preheat oven, bake at 180°C at a high low heat for about 15 minutes until the color becomes even.
3. Banana Pizza
Ingredients: quick-frozen pizza crust, 1 banana, tomato sauce, cheese
- Preheat the oven for 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Coat the pizza with tomato sauce, add cheese, spread banana slices, and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
4. Banana Cocoa Muffin
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 1 egg, 4g baking powder, 100g whole wheat flour, 15g fine granulated sugar, 15g cocoa powder, 0.3g salt
- Mix banana, egg, sugar, and salt together.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Mix well until you add whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Put the mixture into cake paper cups and put into the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes. You can sprinkle it with desiccated coconut, chocolate beans, cranberries, raisins, etc.
- Enjoy snacking!
5. Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients: 1 banana, 150g oatmeal, 2 eggs, 15g brown sugar, 15g black sesame
- Pound the banana, beat the eggs, and mix well.
- Add brown sugar, sesame, oatmeal and mix well. Shape the mixture into a ball and flatten.
- Preheat the oven. Bake at 170°C for 25 minutes.
6. Banana Chiffon
Ingredients: 60g yellow sucrose, 15ml soy milk
Egg yolk paste: 80g low gluten powder, 4 egg yolks, 1 half banana, 30ml rapeseed oil
Meringue: 4 egg whites
1. Separate the egg yolk and egg white, put the egg white in the refrigerator and freeze for 10 minutes. Crush the ripe banana (slightly spotted) with a fork or stir into a puree with a cooking machine, then preheat the oven at 170°C.
2. Prepare the egg yolk paste:
Beat the egg yolks and add yellow cane sugar. Stir the mixture then add rapeseed oil, banana puree, and soy milk in sequence. Stir evenly after adding each raw material. Sieve the low gluten and mix with egg.
3. Whipping meringue:
Whisk the egg whites using the electric whisk at high speed. Add yellow sucrose. Mix until the mixture becomes foamy, fluffy, and soft.
4. Mix with egg yolk paste:
Using a spatula,put the meringue into the egg yolk paste. Mix well. Pour all the egg yolk paste into the remaining meringue, and use a rubber spatula to lightly stir up from the bottom of the basin until you can barely see the meringue.
5. Bake into the mold:
Pour the cake batter into the baking mold. Lightly shake it on the table and bake at 170°C for 35 minutes in the oven.
**If there’s no cane sugar, mix brown sugar with white sugar, with ratio of 2:1
7. Banana Bite
Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 30g corn starch, bread crumbs, vegetable oil
- Beat 2 eggs.
- Cut 2 bananas into 5 pieces each.
- Roll it on starch. For starch, you can use corn starch and potato starch.
- Wrap a layer of egg liquid evenly.
- Soak for about 3 minutes to allow the banana to fully absorb the egg liquid.
- Wrap a layer of bread crumbs. If you don’t have bread crumbs, you can use instant oatmeal (make it into smaller pieces using a food processor).
- Heat the pan with less oil then add bananas.
- Fry on low heat until the bottom is slightly charred. Turn over and continue to fry. Once both sides are charred, take it out from the pan.
8. Fried Banana
Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 50g corn starch (or flour), 80g bread crumbs
- Prepare the required ingredients. Cut the bananas into three sections.
- Dip each section of banana into egg liquid, then starch.
- Wrap the bread crumbs evenly. Put on disposable gloves to squeeze the bread crumbs and the banana slightly. Do not wrap the bread crumbs too thick.
- Add the appropriate amount of cooking oil to the pan and cook until 7 minutes.
- Deep fry until the surface is golden yellow, then remove the oil.
9. Banana Pie
Ingredients: Ready-made pie crust, 2 bananas, 1 egg
- Peel the banana and cut into small pieces. Beat the eggs and set aside.
- After softening the pie crust, roll them slightly on plastic paper and put them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cut the cake into two slices and four sections.
- Apply egg liquid around the lower piece and drain the side strips around.
- Place the banana filling in the middle of the pie crust, smear the egg liquid on the side strips, and cover with the crust.
- Use a fork to press the pattern around.
- Cut a knife every 1cm in the middle of the top piece, pay attention to the light method, do not cut off the bottom, then put it in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Put the egg pie on the loose pie, coat with egg liquid. Put it in the oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, until the cake skin changes color.
10. Banana Muffins
Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 1 egg, 50g milk, 55g low-gluten flour, 15g white sugar, 15g honey
- Crush the banana with a fork.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- You can use a blender to mix ingredients, the batter will be more delicate.
- Slow bake on a low-fire non-stick pan. Turn to the other side once the color changes. Turn over and cook for 1 minute.
- Once you achieve the caramel-color, you can drip honey or chocolate sauce on it.