Eggplant and tofu? Or just fried eggplant? Oops! Boring! Give your typical eggplant a new twist with these luscious spins!
1. Salted Eggplant
Ingredients: 1 eggplant, 2 eggs, 100g corn starch, black pepper powder, salt, pepper and salt, cumin powder
1. Wash and cut the eggplant in thick slices. Brine for ten minutes. In another bowl, create a paste mixture by mixing together 2 eggs and 100g of corn starch, season it with salt and pepper
2. Cover the eggplants with the batter and fry it until it turns yellow. Once done, sprinkle it with cumin powder, salt, and pepper!
2. Aromatic meaty eggplant
Ingredients: eggplant, lean meat, starch, shallot, ginger, garlic, pepper, seasoning
1. Cut the eggplant into long strips, chopped he green onion, millet pepper, garlic and ginger
2. Mix together a spoonful of soy sauce, a spoonful of rice vinegar, sugar, starch, and a spoonful of rice wine or cooking wine.
3. Deep-fry the eggplant for two minutes or until it turns light brown. Remove excess oil.
4. On the same pan, stir-fry the minced meat with onion, ginger, garlic, and chili
5. Add the eggplant and seasoning! Lastly, sprinkle your dish with shallots
3. Eggplant Salad with Spicy Garlic Sauce
Ingredients: 300g eggplant, 5 spicy millet, 3 garlic cloves, 2 spring onions, 2 scoops of soy sauce, 1 scoop vinegar, 1 scoop oyster sauce, 1 scoop sugar, 1 scoop sesame oil, cooking oil
1. Wash and slice the eggplant
2. Chop the spicy millet and spring onion
3. Steam the eggplant in a boiling water pot for about 15 minutes, tear it into strips after cooling
4. Mix together 2 spoons of soy sauce, 1 spoon balsamic vinegar, 1 spoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 spoon sesame oil.
5. Pour the sauce on the eggplant, add the spicy millet, spring onion, minced garlic, and drizzled it with hot oil. Mix evenly!
4. Grilled Eggplant with Garlic
Ingredients: 2 eggplants, 2 garlic cloves, 4 millet peppers, shallots, cumin powder, pepper powder, chili powder, oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar
1. Cover the baking tray with foil, add the clean eggplant, brush ut with oil and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes
2. Saute the minced garlic and spicy millet.
3. Add three tablespoons of soy sauce, two tablespoons of oyster sauce, one teaspoon of sugar, one teaspoon of paprika, one-half spoon of pepper, and one half spoon cumin powder
4. After baking the eggplant, remove its head and cut the middle before spreading it flat. Using a knife, make a few cuts on the eggplant but avoid cutting the bottom
5. Brush the eggplant with the garlic paste, sprinkle with cumin powder and black pepper powder. Bake it again for another 10 minutes at 180 degrees. Garnish your dish with shallots!
5. Braised Eggplant
Ingredients: 1 eggplant, shallots, garlic, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, starch
1. Marinate the chopped eggplant with a spoonful of salt for 10 minutes. Remove the excess water off the eggplant, add starch, this way, the eggplant will not absorb the oil when cooking
2. In a clean bowl, mix together minced garlic, spoonful soy sauce, spoonful oyster sauce, spoonful sugar, chopped millet pepper, and water.
3. In a pot, cook the eggplant until it turns golden brown then pour the sauce and simmer over low heat. Garnish it with shallots!
6. Eggplant noodles
Ingredients: 200g noodles, 100g ground meat, 1 eggplant, ginger and garlic, 4 spicy millet, 2 scoops soy sauce, 1 scoop oyster sauce, 1 scoop dark soy sauce, 1 scoop soybean paste, half scoop five-spice powder
1. Cut the eggplant into small pieces. Saute ginger and garlic. Stir-fry the minced meat and remove its excess oil. Stir-fry 1 tablespoon soybean paste, add the eggplant and add 1 bowl of water and let it boil for 5-8 minutes
2. scoop out half of the broth. Braise the noodle for 5 minutes in the pot then add the broth and braise for another 4 minutes. Sprinkle the spicy millet, enjoy!