With 110 new cases of coronavirus as reported on March 19, the total number of confirmed cases jumped to 900, which makes Malaysia have the fourth highest number of COVID-19 cases in Asia, following China, Iran, and South Korea.
With this, Malaysiakini has launched a tracking website that enables people to stay updated about the latest news, the number of confirmed patients, and the locations where the patients have been diagnosed.
Daily update on COVID-19
The information sheet includes:
- Total confirmed cases in Malaysia
- The latest announcement from government agencies
- Number of confirmed cases and in treatment in Malaysia
- Number of confirmed cases and in treatment by the state
- Telephone numbers and opening hours of the state health ministries
- Maps and lists of locations where patients have been diagnosed (all locations have been disinfected)
COVID-19 Outbreak Live Updates
In addition to the COVID-19 tracking website of Malaysianiki, the public can also track the development of the coronavirus in Malaysia through https://www.outbreak.my/. In this website, the public will be provided with real-time updates regarding the coronavirus. The website is available in three (3) languages: English, Malay, and Chinese.