What am I? I am green and thin, I am not human, but people call me one. What am I? YES! Okra or Ladies Finger! This highly nutritional vegetable is what we’ll be cooking for today!
1. Garlic Okra
Ingredients: Okra, 3 garlic cloves, salt, 1 spoon oyster sauce, 2 spoons soy sauce, half spoon sugar, 1 spoon starch
1. Gently scrub the ladies finger with 2 tablespoons of salt, then soak for 5 minutes.
2. Blanch the ladies finger, add few drops of oil and quickly soak it in cold water to ensure its crisp and tender taste
3. Chop the ladies finger
4. In a pan, stir-fry the okra with the minced garlic.
5. Once the garlic turns golden brown, add sugar, soy sauce, and oil. Pour a small amount of water with starch for thickening.
2. Meaty Fried Okra
Ingredients: 10 pieces okra, 500g pork, 1 small ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, oil
1. Wash the okra and cut it into small pieces.
2. In a pot, once the oil is hot, add the ground pork and mix well with soy sauce. Set aside the pork once cooked.
3. In the same pot, saute garlic and ginger. Add the pork, soy sauce, and a spoonful of oyster sauce, then mix evenly. Add the okra, seasoned with salt. For thickening, you may add a water starch
3. Okra with Shrimp and Mushroom
Ingredients: 200g okra, 1 white mushroom, 10 shrimps, salt, shallots, soy sauce, cooking wine
1. Marinate the shrimp for 10 minutes using a cooking wine.
2. Blanch the white mushroom for 2 minutes. Boil the okra with salt for one minute, then, let it cool and cut into pieces
3. Heat the oil in a pan, saute the shallots, add the shrimps and white mushroom. Finally, add the okra and continue stirring. Pour a bowl of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Season your soup with salt!
4. Scrambled Egg with Okra
Ingredients: 350g okra, 4 eggs, 1 red pepper, 20g garlic, salt
1. Soak the ladies finger for 20 minutes in a light brine.
2. Boil the okra for 20 seconds, then pour it over cold water before cutting into pieces
3. In a pan, saute minced garlic, and the shredded red pepper, add the okra. Continue stirring all the ingredients then pour the egg. Season the dish with salt
5. Fried Okra with Meaty Stuffing
Ingredients: 10 okra, 150g pork belly-filling, 1 scoop cooking wine, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 scoop dark soy sauce, 10g ginger, 20g shallots, a pinch of allspice, 2 eggs, flour, water, oil
1. Prepare the meat stuffing. In a bowl, add the meat, mix well with ginger, cooking wine, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, allspice, and shallots.
2. Clean the okra, slice it in the middle, and remove the seeds. Put the meat stuffing inside the okra
3. Mix two eggs in a bowl, add a small amount of water and flour.
4. Dip the okra on the batter and fry it!